sexta-feira, 27 de outubro de 2017

ABA INGLÊS 130

Friday Message
20/10/2017

The Future Conditional
Hello again!

I hope you are well and enjoying your day.

Seu progresso:
Beginners
Continue estudando
If I study English every day, I will go to London at the end of the year!Se eu estudar inglês todos os dias, irei para Londres no final do ano!

If I don’t study hard, I won’t be able to go. 
Se eu não estudar muito, não poderei ir.

Do you know what form I am using in the above sentences?

It is called the future conditional, also known as the first conditional.

Look at the following conversation between Mike (M) and Jane (J) to see how it is used:
M: Jane, if I study hard, will I pass the year?
Jane, se eu estudar muito, aprovarei o curso?

J: I hope so, Mike, but you need to work very hard. If you need help, I will helpyou.
Espero que sim, Mike, mas você precisa estudar muito. Se você precisar de uma força, eu lhe ajudarei.

M: But the teacher says that I won’t pass the year if I don’t get at least 80% in my next exam!
Mas a professora diz que eu não irei aprovar o curso se não tirar pelo menos 80% no meu próximo exame!

J: Don’t worry. If you come to my house every day after school, you will passyour exam for sure! We can study together.
Não se preocupe! Se você vier a minha casa cada dia depois da escola, você vai aprovar o exame com certeza! Podemos estudar juntos.

M: OK, great! Thanks so much, Jane!
Ok, ta legal! Muito obrigado Jane!


The first conditional is used to talk about the consequences of an action or something that might happen in the future with a condition. 
O primeiro condicional é usado para falar sobre as consequências de uma ação ou sobre algo que pode acontecer no futuro, com uma condição.

Look at how to form it:

If + present simple, + will / won’t + the infinitive without “to”.

It may also be swapped around:
Também podemos virar a estrutura: 

subject + will / won’t + the infinitive without “to” + if + present simple.

Look at the following sentence from Mike and Jane’s conversation:
I won’t pass the year if I don’t get at least 80% in my next exam.
Eu não aprovarei o curso se não tirar pelo menos 80% no meu próximo exame. 


Another way of saying this is…
If I don’t get at least 80% in my next exam, I won’t pass the year.
Se não tirar pelo menos 80% no meu próximo exame, não aprovarei o ano.


Both sentences mean that if Mike gets less than 80%, he will have to retake the year.
Ambas as frases significam que se o Mike tirar menos de 80%, terá que repetir um ano. 

I hope this has helped you understand the first conditional. For further information, don’t forget to check out unit 58 of the ABA online course.

See you next Friday!

Best wishes,
Priscilla
Priscilla

Your ABA Teacher
Curtiu esta aula?
Compartilhe-a com seus amigos!

Baixe o nosso app
Escute, fale e interprete em inglês onde você quiser, sempre que quiser.
App Store
Play Store

Mais recursos
Confira mais lições de inglês no nosso blog:
Blog

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

IMAGENS