quarta-feira, 4 de outubro de 2017

ABA INGLÊS 121

Friday Message
29/9/2017

How to use "Shall"
Hi there!

I hope you are well today.

Seu progresso:
Beginners
Continue estudando
Shall I help you with your English? If you haven’t seen “shall” before in English, then I can show you how to use it correctly.Precisa de ajuda com seu inglês? Se você nunca viu a palavra “shall” em inglês, hoje vou ajudar você a usá-la corretamente. 

Firstly, have a look at the following conversation between Dan and Gemma:

Dan: Hey, Gemma! What time shall we meet today?
Dan: Oi Gemma! Que hora a gente vai se encontrar hoje?

Gemma: Around 2 o’clock. Is that OK? Shall I invite Eric too? 
Gemma: Perto das 2. De acordo? Convido também o Eric?

Dan: Yes, I’d like to see him again.
Dan: Sim, gostaria de voltar a vê-lo. 

Dan: Shall I come pick you up from work? It will be easier that way.
Dan: Vou te buscar no teu trabalho? Assim será mais fácil.

Gemma: Great! See you then!
Gemma: Legal! A gente se vê depois!

As you can see, we use “shall” for offers and suggestions. “Shall” is a more formal way of making offers or suggestions. We could also use the words “should” for an offer or “I will” for affirmations.
Como você pode ver, usamos “shall” para fazer oferecimentos e sugestões. “Shall” é uma maneira mais formal de oferecer ou sugerir coisas. Também podemos usar “should” para fazer oferecimentos ou “I will” para afirmações. 

Look at these examples:

• Are you going to study a master’s degree after this? 
• Você vai fazer um mestrado depois? 

• Yes, I shall / Yes, I will. I’ve always intended to do so. 
• Sim, vou fazê-lo. Sempre tive a intenção.

• Shall / Should I open the window for you? 
• Abro a janela para você?

• Oh, yes please, it is very hot.
• Sim, por favor, está muito calor.

For negative sentences we can say “shall not” which means “will not” or the even older and less common form “shan’t”.
Para as frases negativas, podemos dizer “shall not”, que significa “will not”, ou a forma ainda mais antiga e menos comum “shan’t”.

• You shall not / will not go out until you have finished your homework!
• Você não vai sair até você tiver terminado os deveres! 

• I shan’t / will not / won’t be long at the bank.
• Não vou estar muito tempo no banco.

Well, there we go. I hope this has helped you understand “shall” a little more. For more information, go to unit 41 of the online ABA English course.

See you next week!

Have a great weekend.

Best wishes,
Priscilla
Priscilla

Your ABA Teacher
Curtiu esta aula?
Compartilhe-a com seus amigos!

Baixe o nosso app
Escute, fale e interprete em inglês onde você quiser, sempre que quiser.
App Store
Play Store

Mais recursos
Confira mais lições de inglês no nosso blog:
Blog

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

IMAGENS