sexta-feira, 7 de julho de 2017

ABA INGLÊS 111

Friday Message
7/7/2017

Prepositions of Time
Hello!

I hope that you are having a great Friday!
Seu progresso:
Beginners
Continue estudando
For today’s Friday fun tip let’s take a look at some prepositions of time commonly used in English: IN, ON and AT.
Hoje vamos estudar umas preposições de tempo muito comuns em inglês: IN, ON y AT.

Let’s look at a quick text and see how we use these prepositions correctly when reading, speaking or writing.

At 1 o'clock today I am going to my grandparents’ house for lunch. My grandma told us to come at noon but Mum said it was too early. We always go there onSundays and spend the whole day there. I actually like to spend the night too because Granddad and I wake up at sunrise and spend the morning walking in the mountains.
Last year on Christmas day Granny prepared the best meal ever for the whole family. She said that on my birthday this year she would make a big cake and I could invite my friends.
In summer I normally go visit my grandparents too because they live on a farm and it’s much better than the city. Once when I had school holidays in 2012 I stayed with my grandparents for 2 months. We had great fun!
Hoje eu vou comer em casa dos meus avós às 13:00. Minha avó nos pediu ir pelo meio-dia, mas minha mãe disse que era cedo demais. Sempre vamos aos domingos e passamos o dia todo lá. Na verdade, eu também gosto de passar a noite lá, porque eu e o avô nos levantamos cedo e passamos a manhã caminhando pela montanha.
No ano passado, no dia de Natal, minha avó preparou a melhor comida do mundo para toda a família. Ela disse que este ano por meu aniversário faria um bolo enorme e que eu poderia convidar todos meus amigos.
No verão, também costumo visitar meus avós, porque eles vivem em uma fazenda e é muito melhor do que a cidade. Uma vez, nas férias da escola em 2012, fiquei com eles 2 meses. Foi tão bom!


Now let’s take a look at the rules so we can see how easy it is!

ATINON
a specific timemonths, years,
seasons, decades
days and dates
at 3 o'clockin Mayon Sunday
at 10.30amin summeron Tuesdays
at noonin the summeron March 6th
at dinnertimein 1990on December 25th
at bedtimein the 90son Christmas day
at dawnin the next centuryon New Year's day
at sunrisein Julyon my birthday

Well, I’m sure you understand prepositions better now! Remember, if you want to, you can always refer to unit 21 of the course for more information on how to use these prepositions correctly.

Have a great weekend!

Best regards,
Priscilla
Priscilla

Your ABA Teacher

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

IMAGENS