segunda-feira, 26 de junho de 2017

ABA INGLÊS 109

Friday Message
23/6/2017

Adverbs of Frequency
Hello!

I hope your week has gone smoothly.

This week everything has happened as usual for me.
Seu progresso:
Beginners
Continue estudando
Have a look at my daily routine:

always start my day with a cup of coffee but I rarely eat breakfast at home. I usually go to work by subway but I sometimes take the bus. I often watch TV in the evening but I hardly ever go to the cinema during the week. I never go to bed before 10 p.m.
Sempre começo meu dia com uma xícara de café, mas raramente tomo o café da manhã em casa. Normalmente vou trabalhar de metrô, mas às vezes vou de ônibus. Freqüentemente assisto TV à noite, mas quase nunca vou ao cinema durante a semana. Eu nunca vou para a cama antes das 10.

In the text above, adverbs of frequency were used. Adverbs of frequency are used to state how often we do something.

To understand adverbs of frequency better, look at the following chart:

100%always
usually/
normally
often
sometimes
occasionally/
rarely
hardly
ever
0%never


Note that adverbs of frequency usually go between the subject and the verb. For example:

He never drinks beer.
Ele nunca bebe cerveja.

They usually have cereal for breakfast.
Eles normalmente comem cereais no café-da-manhã.

You always wake up early.
Você sempre acorda cedo.

However, adverbs of frequency go after the verb “to be”. Here are some examples:

She is hardly ever happy.
Ela quase nunca está feliz.

We are often tired.
Amiúde estamos cansados

Have a nice weekend!

Best regards,
Priscilla
Priscilla

Your ABA Teacher
Curtiu esta aula?
Compartilhe-a com seus amigos!
Baixe o nosso app
Escute, fale e interprete em inglês onde você quiser, sempre que quiser.
App Store
Play Store

Mais recursos
Confira mais lições de inglês no nosso blog:
Blog

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

IMAGENS